Best of the South East
5 day tour from Istanbul
- Day 1 - Istanbul - Gaziantep - Adiyaman - /D)
In the morning, you'll be met at your Istanbul hotel and transferred to the airport for your 1.5 hour domestic flight to Gaziantep.
Your English-speaking tour guide, who will accompany you on your visit to the Gaziantep Museum,'ll then meet you.
* Gaziantep Museum of Archaeology features ceramic pieces from the Neolithic Age; various objects, figures, seals from the Calcolithic and Bronze Ages; and stone and bronze objects, jewelry, ceramics, coins, and glass objects from the Urartu, Hittite, Persian, Roman and Byzantium periods. The impressive mosaics of the ancient city of Zeugma are also here. After enjoying a nice, leisurely lunch at a traditional restaurant, where you will get to sample Gaziantep's world-famous lahmacun (Turkish pizza), and baklava, we'll head out on a scenic drive to Adiyaman, where you'll check into your hotel.
Overnight stay in Adiyaman ---
- Day 2 - Nemrut - Urfa - (B/D)
Around 3:00 AM, we'll drive to the summit of the 2,134-meter-high (7,001 ft.) Mt. Nemrut, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and enjoy the magical sunrise over the breathtaking statues of the ancient Commagene temple and tomb.
You'll also visit the capital of the Commagene Kingdom; Arsaemia; a tumulus on Karakus Hill and Cendere Bridge, before heading to Sanliurfa.
Overnight in Urfa.
- Day 3 - Nemrut - Urfa - (B/D)
Today we will visit Harran and Gobekli Tepe until afternoon then have day at leisure.
* Harran is famous for its traditional 'beehive' adobe houses, constructed entirely without wood. The mud-based construction keeps them cool inside (essential for the hot Anatolian climate) and is thought to have been unchanged for the last 3,000 years.
* Gobekli Tepe is a hilltop sanctuary set on the highest point of an elongated mountain ridge.
Overnight in Urfa.
- Day 4 - Urfa to Diyarbakir - (B/D)
After breakfast, we'll depart Urfa and drive on to Diyarbakir. On the way, we'll visit Mardin.
Mardin is known for its Arabic-like architecture, and for its strategic location on a rocky mountain overlooking the plains of northern Syria. Most Syriac Orthodox churches and monasteries in the city were built on ancient Assyrian-Babylonian temple sites and some are still active today. The Syriac Orthodox Saffron Monastery was founded in 439 AD, is one of the oldest functioning monasteries in the world.
Overnight in Diyarbakir.
- Day 5 - Diyarbakir to Istanbul - (B)
After breakfast you'll enjoy a panoramic city tour. then in the afternoon we will provide a transfer to Diyarbakir Airport for your flight back to Istanbul.
Arriving in Istanbul will be end of this program.
(Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia tours can be customized into this itinerary)
Total cost _______ per person in a double room & ______ Euros in a single room
* All hotels (Superior class centrally located hotels)
* All land transfers in comfortable vehicles ( All private transfers)
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to GaziAntep
* Domestic flight tickets from Diyarbakir to Istanbul
* Addmissions to the ancient sites
* Al taxes and service charges
* Drinks with meals