2 Day tour of Cappadocia (From Istanbul)
Available on Everyday
Skip the line addmissions, small groups, good guides...
- Day 1 - Istanbul to Cappadocia - (/L)
In the morning we will meet you at your Istanbul hotel and provide a transfer to domestic airport.
Short domestic flight to Cappadocia, whereupon you'll then be transferred to Cappadocia Region then continue on the tour.
We’ll have a full day tour of Cappadocia which has around 36 underground cities, dating back 4000 years to the time of the Hittites. We will walk through the Underground City of Derinkuyu, where ancient people fled for their lives escaping the Arab invaders.
We’ll wander through the oasis-like Ihlara Gorge, here in the middle of the Anatolian plain, see ancient monasteries (complete with pigeon holes they used to send messages), and stroll through traditional Anatolian villages. Note: the head-scarved women out at work in the fields from sun up until sun down, while the mustachioed men are hard at work playing cards in the coffee shops.
You'll get time to stroll in a village such as this and see the average Turkish villager at work...or play.
Overnight in Urgup, Cappadocia.
- Day 5 – Cappadocia to Istanbul - (B/L)
This day will continue our exploration of the amazing sites of Cappadocia. (optional hot air ballooning tour) including the World Heritage Site of Goreme Open-Air Museum, cut from rock Byzantine churches and monasteries with11th and 12th century frescoes on the cave walls; the famous Fairy Chimneys, shaped over millions of years by volcanic eruptions, some 40 meters in height; the Devrent (or “pink valley”), and natural rock fortress of Uchisar Castle, inhabited during both the Byzantine and Ottoman times. Along the way, we’ll have the chance to visit local crafts people and learn how they make dolls and create traditional pottery.
After the tour we will provide a transfer to Cappadocia Airport for your return flight to Istanbul.
Upon arrival in Istanbul Airport, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Total cost _____ Euros per person in a double room & _____ Euros in a single room
* All hotels (Superior Class hotels) - Deluxe cave hotel in Cappadocia
* All land transfers in comfortable vehicles
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Cappadocia
* Domestic flight tickets from Cappadocia to Istanbul
* Admission to sites we visit during both day tours in Cappadocia
* All taxes and service charges
* Drinks with meals
* Hot Air Balloon rides in Cappadocia (15% discount if booked with this tour)