Classical 5 day tour to Cappadocia, Pamukkale and Ephesus
(available daily from Istanbul)
- Day 1 - Istanbul to Cappadocia - (B/L)
Short domestic flight to Cappadocia, whereupon you'll then be transferred to Cappadocia for your comprehensive full-day tour.
We'll have a full day tour of Cappadocia which has around 36 underground cities, dating back 4000 years to the time of the Hittites. We will walk through the Underground City of Derinkuyu, where ancient people fled for their lives escaping the Arab invaders.
We'll wander through the oasis-like Ihlara Gorge, here in the middle of the Anatolian plain, see ancient monasteries (complete with pigeon holes they used to send messages), and stroll through traditional Anatolian villages.
You'll get time to stroll in a village such as this and see the average Turkish villager at work...or play.
Overnight in Urgup, Cappadocia.
- Day 2 – Cappadocia - (B/L)
This day will continue our exploration of the amazing sites of Cappadocia. (optional hot air ballooning tour) including the World Heritage Site of Goreme Open-Air Museum, cut from rock Byzantine churches and monasteries with11th and 12th century frescoes on the cave walls; the famous Fairy Chimneys, shaped over millions of years by volcanic eruptions, some 40 meters in height; the Devrent (or "pink valley"), and natural rock fortress of Uchisar Castle, inhabited during both the Byzantine and Ottoman times. Along the way, we'll have the chance to visit local craftspeople and learn how they make dolls and create traditional pottery.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
- Day 3 - Cappadocia to Pamukkale - (B/D)
In the morning we will depart from Cappadocia on a scenic drive to Pamukkale. (flight options are available)
upon arrival you will check in to your hotel in Pamukkale after check in you will have a free day to relax and enjoy the pools
- Day 4 - Pamukkale - Kusadasi - (B/L/D)
In the morning, we'll continue on with a guided tour of Pamukkale and Hierapolis.
* Pamukkale ("cotton castle" in Turkish) is the result of limestone formations created over thousands of years. Warm, calcium-rich mineral water from nearby thermal hot springs flowed over these cliffs and, as these waters cooled, they deposited the calcium that we see today.
* Hierapolis is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and sits adjacent to Pamukkale. It was founded as an ancient healing care center in 190 BC, taking advantage of the mineral waters. It was one of the most important intellectual, artistic, religious and commercial centers of the Roman Empire.
After the tour you will return to Kusadasi where you will spend the night.
– Day 5 – Kusadasi – (B/L)
In the morning we will drive to Ephesus for your comprehensive full-day tour of some of Turkey's most impressive Roman and Biblical sites. Ephesus is one of the best-preserved classical cities, inhabited in different eras by Greeks, Macedonians, Romans and Turks, as well as St. Paul. Nearby is the famous Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, as well as the House of The Virgin Mary.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to Izmir airport and put you on a 1 hour flight to Istanbul.
Arriving in Istanbul will end this program.
Total cost _______ per person in a double room & ______ Euros in a single room
Contact us for price information.
* All hotels ( centrally located, charming hotels)
* All land transfers with comfortable vehicles
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Cappadocia
* Domestic flight tickets from Izmir to Istanbul
* Admissions to ancient sites
* All taxes and service charges
* Hot Air Balloon tour in Cappadocia
* Drinks with meals