Gallipoli & Troy - 2 day tour from Istanbul
Skip the line addmissions, small groups, good guides...
– Day 1 – Istanbul to Gallipoli then to Canakkale – (L/D)
Meet you at your Istanbul on early in the morning then we will drive west, skirting the northern shore of the beautiful Sea of Marmara, heading towards the Aegean Sea.
--After our lunch, we will devote our afternoon to visiting Gallipoli, where fierce World War I fighting took place between Allied forces and the Turkish Army. At ANZAC (Australia and New Zealand Armed Corps) Cove, thousands lost their lives on one fateful dawn morning. We'll also visit other famous WWI battles it es and cemeteries in this area, including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair. From here, we'll board a ferry and cross the Dardanelles Strait
*Canakkale will be our final destination for today and where we will spend our evening. After dinner, you might want to stroll the harbor wall; hs to watch the sunset.
Overnight in Canakkale
- Day 5 - Canakkale to Istanbul - (B/L)
In the morning we will head east towards Troy.
*Troy (Truva) is the ancient site written about by Homer in the classic Iliad. It dates back to approximately 3,000 BC and has been the site of nine different cities through the thousands of years it has been in existence. Upon entering Troy, a large wooden Trojan horse full-scale reproduction will dominate your view.
After lunch, you will depart from Canakkale to Istanbul.
Arriving in Istanbul will end this program.
Total cost ____ Euros per person in a double room & _____ Euros in a single room
* All hotels (Superior Class and 4 star hotels)
* All land transfers in comfortable vehicles
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Admission to Gallipoli Museum an Ancient city of Troy
* All taxes and service charges
* Drinks with meals