A quick taste of Greece from Istanbul
3 day tour from Istanbul
Skip the line addmissions, small groups, good guides...
- Day 1 - Istanbul to Athens - (B)
In the morning we will provide a transfer to Istanbul Airport and put you on a flight to Athens.
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own.
Overnight in Athens
- Day 2 - Athens - (B/L)
We will pick you up from your hotel, and transfer you to Paleon Phaleron (Trocadero Harbor). Sail to Aegina Island (an optional visit to the Temple of Athena Aphaia will be offered), and cruise through the straits Poros Island. After lunch onboard the boat,set sail for Hydra Island, where you will have the rest of the day to explore, shop, or swim.
* Aegina Island is one of the Saronic Islands in the Saronic Gulf, 17 miles (27 km) from Athens. Tradition derives the name from Aegina, the mother of Aeacus, who was born on and ruled the island. During ancient times, Aegina was a rival to Athens, the great sea power of the era.
* Poros is a small island in the southern part of the Saronic Gulf; its original name was Pogon. Poros is an island with rich vegetation: much of the northern and far eastern/western sides of the island are bushy, whereas large areas of old pine forest are found in the south and center of the island.
* Hydra is separated from the Peloponnese by a narrow strip of water. In ancient times, the island was known as Hydrea.
There is one main town, known simply as "Hydra port" (pop. 2,526 in 2001).
After the tour you will be transfered back to your hotel.
Day 3 - Athens to Istanbul - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896). After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the ACROPOLIS, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore.
In the evening we will provide a transfer to Athens airport and put you on a 1 hour flight to Istanbul.
Arriving in Istanbul ends this program.
( We can always customize and add more Islands in Greece )
Total cost _______ per person in a double room & ______ Euros in a single room
* All hotels ( centrally located, charming hotels)
* All land transfers with comfortable vehicles
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Athens
* Domestic flight tickets from Athensto Istanbul
* Admissions to ancient sites
* All taxes and service charges