Bodrum shore trips
Skip the line admissions to ancient sites and museums
Special small group and private tour rates are available.
Guaranteed on-time return to your ship.
Your tour guide will meet you at the harbor - and will be holding a sign with your name on it; you will then begin your guided tour.
After meeting and getting a brief introductory for the day, you will enjoy a full day private tour of Bodrum.
Sites you will visit;;
* Bodrum Castle (Bodrum Kalesi) was built by the Knights Hospitaller in 1402 and was originally known as the Castle of St. Peter/Petronium.
Confronted with the invasion of Seljuk Turks, the Knights Hospitaller, with their headquarters on the island of Rhodes, needed another stronghold on the mainland. Grand Master Philibert de Naillac (1396-1421) found a suitable site across the sea on the island of Kos, where there was already a castle of the Order.
* Museum of Underwater Archaeology: In 1962, the Turkish government decided to turn the castle into a museum to display the considerable underwater discoveries from ancient shipwrecks in the Aegean Sea. The Museum of Underwater Archaeology with its vast collection of amphoras, ancient glass, bronze, clay, and iron items, is the biggest of its kind devoted to underwater archaeology. (Most of its collection dates from underwater excavations after 1960.)
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to the harbor.
*** Tour ends ***
Cost: _______ Euro - (estimate for this tour is given upon request - please e-mail us your dates and how many people in your party.)
* Pick-up and drop-off from harbor w/ comfortable vans
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Skip the line admissions to ancient sites
* All tax and service charges