Crete shore trips
Skip the line admissions to ancient sites and museums
Special small group and private tour rates are available,
Guaranteed on-time return to your ship.
Your tour guide will meet you at the harbor - and will be holding a sign with your name on it; you will then begin your guided tour.
After meeting and getting a brief introductory for the day, you will enjoy a full day private tour of Crete.
A little about the sites you'll see today:
We will start the day driving along scenic roads and charming and idyllic villages to the ancient city of Knossos.
* Knossos most famous for being the capital of the Minoan civilization, remained important throughout the Classical and Roman periods, but its population eventually moved to the town of Handaq (modern-day Heraklion) during the 9th century AD. By the 13th century, it was called Makryteikhos ('long wall'); however, the bishops of Gortyn continued to call themselves the Bishops of Knossos all the way up until
the 19th century. Today, the name is used only for the archaeological site.
After exploring the sites, we will enjoy a leisurely lunch and sample some ouzo/raki at a family-run restaurant. We will return to the city center and give you free time to explore and shop.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to the harbor.
*** Tour ends ***
Cost: _______ Euro - (estimate for this tour is given upon request -
please e-mail us your dates and how many people in your party.)
* Pick-up and drop-off from harbor w/ comfortable vans
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Skip the line admissions to ancient sites
* All tax and service charges