Shore trips from Olympia
Skip the line admissions to ancient sites and museums
Special small group and private tour rates are available.
Guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Your tour guide will meet you at the harbor - and will be holding a sign with your name on it; you will then begin your guided tour.
After meeting and getting a brief introductory for the day, you will enjoy a full day private tour of Olympia.
Sites you will visit;;
* Olympia, in the Peloponnese, is best-known for having been the site of the Olympic Games in classical times, comparable in importance to the Pythian Games held in Delphi. The Olympic Games, dedicated to Zeus, date back to 776 BC. In 394 AD, (after 1,170 years!) Emperor Theodosius I abolished them as he considered them to be reminiscent of paganism.
Olympia is also known as being the home of the gigantic ivory- and gold- statue of Zeus created by Pheidias, and is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The statue resides in the Temple of Zeus.
Nearby, Pheidias' studio was excavated in the 1950s; its ruins sit north of the Alfeios River and Mount Kronos.
The Kladeos, a tributary of the Alfeios, flows around this area.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to the harbor.
*** Tour ends ***
Cost: _______ Euro - (estimate for this tour is given upon request -
please e-mail us your dates and how many people in your party.)
* Pick-up and drop-off from harbor w/ comfortable vans
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Skip the line admissions to ancient sites
* All tax and service charges