Patmos shore trips
Skip the line admissions to ancient sites and museums
Special small group and private tour rates are available.
Guaranteed on-time return to your ship.
Your tour guide will meet you at the harbor - and will be holding a sign with your name on it; you will then begin your guided tour.
After meeting and getting a brief introductory for the day, you will enjoy a full day private tour of Patmos.
* Patmos is a small and charming island that is located in the northern half of the Dodecanese Island chain. The island's special "Patmian" architecture, traditional houses, wining roads and scenic hills are all the makings of a classic Greek Island experience.
Patmos' main communities are Chora (the capital city), and Skala, the sole commercial port, with other settlements being Grikou and Kampos. The churches and communities on Patmos are of the Eastern Orthodox tradition. In 1999, the island's historic center Chora, along with the Monastery of Saint John the Theologian founded by Saint Christodulos) and the Cave of the Apocalypse, are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Patmos is also home to the Patmian School, a notable Greek seminary.
Patmos is mentioned in the Bible's Book of Revelation, as its author, St. John, was exiled to Patmos, where he witnessed (and thus recorded) a vision of Jesus Christ. Earliest Christian tradition identifies this writer as John the Apostle. As a result of this, Patmos is a popular destination for Christian pilgrims.
We will see the cave where John is said to have received his Revelation (the Cave of the Apocalypse), and several monasteries on the island are also dedicated to St. John.
We will then cap off our day at a wine shop, tasting wonderful local wine with Greek-style mezes (appetizers).
*** Tour ends ***
Cost: _______ Euro - (estimate for this tour is given upon request -
please e-mail us your dates and how many people in your party.)
* Pick-up and drop-off from harbor w/ comfortable vans
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Skip the line admissions to ancient sites
* All tax and service charges